Kineo Conversations: Developing the skills we need for the future
A recent report from City & Guilds finds over half of UK businesses (56%) face some kind of barrier to meeting their skills and talent needs (Skills Index). What’s more, three in five (61%) working age adults don’t feel they are equipped with all the skills they will need to unlock new opportunities over the next five years.
Upskilling and reskilling the workforce is the very essence of L&D and it’s never been more important. In addition to technological and digital impacts on the workplace, the global pandemic has accelerated the speed of change.
So how can we better equip our people with the skills we’ll need in the future?
In this Kineo Conversations episode we focus on the question of skills, as we’re joined by:
- Donald Taylor – Chair of the Learning Technologies Conference since 2000, Donald also produces the L&D Global Sentiment Survey annually, in which Reskilling/Upskilling placed as the no. 1 priority for L&D teams in 2021.
- Kirstie Donnelly - Kirstie is Chief Executive at the City & Guilds Group and has worked at the forefront of skills and education for over 30 years. In June 2021, City & Guilds launched the Skills Index, exploring the UK skills and employment landscape.
- Emily Berry - Having worked in the learning technology industry for over 20 years, Emily is an experienced and talented Learning Consultant, providing learning consultancy to Kineo clients and internal teams.
Watch the webinar now as we discuss:
- Why the topic of skills is so high on the business agenda, and the challenge of a widening skills gap
- What businesses need to do now to secure the skills they need for the future
- How building a mature learning culture and reskilling/upskilling go hand in hand
- The role of digital learning in accelerating skills development and empowering learners to take ownership of their training
- How data and analytics can help you track and plan your skills needs
Your speakers are
How do Reskilling & Upskilling Benefit Company Culture?
This blog speaks about how focusing on reskilling and upskilling employees improves retention rates and increases long-term efficiency.READ MORE